Sunday, September 03, 2006

I'm not really going am I?

Ok. So too much to tell. Firstly. I have a Thai Visa. That means I can at least start the journey even if Australia are stupid enough to refuse me a working visa. Here it is....

Secondly Siobhan's Wedding was brilliant. Siobhan is one of my best friends from work. She's crossed the line from friend to adopted family. We have days where we're true family and properly argue. Then there are days when there is ultimate respect for each other.
If you ever read this Sio, Thanks for being a brilliant friend Sis.
The ceremony was nice and HOT! In the Afternoon I was the Quiz master for a quiz (obviously) and I dressed as a... Chihuahua. It was so funny and brilliant, I even sang a chihuahua song, the key lyrics being:

"I'm a a ch ch ch chihuahua, I'm the smallest dog in town,
I never have to walk as they carry me around,
When I am I puppy I'm no bigger than a Cup,
and I am no bigger even when I am grown up."

Ermm. You had to be there I guess! Photo's to follow on my flickr.

Then spent the evening dancing around... Key songs for the evening? Well, Chesney Hawkes: I am the one and only, House of Pain: jump around, Queen: bohemian rhapsody and Bryan Adams: Summer of 69. just the usual....a room full of people, hands in the air, singing along.... I am just a small boy from a small family......





The gangster next to me in the photos is Jake, Siobhan's best man. Despite his looks he too is a good bloke! The dark photos are my friends Paul and Steve tearing up the dance floor!!

And Finally some news. I'm not going traveling. Well I am, but it doesn't feel like it. I've got to pay for my flights this week. Wednesday in fact. I'm handing my notice in at work on Friday. I've spent money getting the Thai Visa, other bits and pieces, horrible jabs, and yet still it hasn't hit me. Maybe it's just that after a week of being busy I'm really excited right now. Maybe it won't hit me till I'm on the plane to Bangkok. Its weird I can't explain it. I've done more things this week getting ready and yet...that feeling is still not there. I should be worried that I'll have no job when I get back. I'm not. I should be worried that I've spent a lot of money to go and may hate it. I'm not. I've even layed the foundations for my leaving party. When will it hit me? Anyway. We'll see what happens. A bit of a long (boring) post I know.

1 Comments:

At 11:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you know the name of this song? I am trying to find an mp3 of it! thanks!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home