Monday, February 26, 2007

Day 105 - On when your birthday isn't your birthday anymore....

So it was my birthday on friday the 23rd of Feb, I turned 27...or did I? Well, I think if we're using official birthday timing (OBT), I didn't. I'm not saying I'm still 26, no, what I'm saying is, officialy this year, my birthday was the 24th for a change.

Ok stick with me here, I'm not insane. I was born on the 23rd Febraury 6.30 pm in the UK, or something like that. Therefore through into the equation that I'm seven hours ahead of UK time in Thailand and I didn't Officially (using OBT) hit the 27th year of my life untill about 1.30 am on the 24th here, and that dudes, is a first.

Here's how handsome I looked on my birthday. Me and my American buddy Tray.



We all had a really good night out, we went to a bar here called Bed, and it really is the best place to hang out and have a little dance. It's basically a big ovel shaped building, with a dance floor, and walls lined with a big bed. Oh and the music is really good too. Met a friend of a friend who was from liverpool, and spent the rest of the night introducing her to people: "Hi (insert name) this is Lisa, she's from the bad part of england." I was joking. She loved it. It was all in all a pretty chilled out affair, with lots of silly face pulling.


Also for those who are interested this was the view from my apartment as the sun set on what was in previous years, my birthday, pretty nice really.

Finally the world is round(ish) so it's not surprising that you meet people several times. So far I've unintentionally met a few people more than once (some more than I'd like to have). I've also deliberately "bumped" into a few a people a few times, and this week Johanna, a girl friend I met in the first week of travel is back in Bangkok so we're going to catch up which is cool. She was one of the fantastic three that experienced the floating Nun, and that means we'll always be friends. (The floating Nun by the way, is still up there as one of the top three highlights of this trip.)

As for Other friends here, 2 of my closest disappear this week, Tray to America, and Mirco to Switzerland. It's a little sad, but the world is round, and maybe thier planes will forget to land and come right back. you never know.

Finally for the record, I finished my YesMan book today, it was brilliant. I'm giving this copy to a friend...... so depsite what I said, I'm going to go and buy a third. Brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home