Friday, November 24, 2006

Day 10

Day 8. We hopped in our "tourist" minibus and headed back to BKK. pretty uninspiring but needed to be done. In the evening went by river taxi to see a temple decorated in broken pots (I kind of suffered temple overload, seen one.... The rest are similar. Then headed out to the Saxophone club. It's a jazz club and it was pretty smart. I somehow managed to get the smallest cocktail in the world, about 3 cm high but it made us all laugh (the waitress included).

Day 9.

Got up nice and early to go to a snake farm. I wanted to go here in BKK because it's run by the Red cross to make anti venom for the whole of Thailand. They get all the snakes out "milk" them of the venom and even show you that one of the handlers only has 3 finger (and a thumb) from where he was bit..... NICE! Then I Went to Siam Square, BKK's main shopping district and spent some time having a look, huge malls, full of fake stuff, and nice shops full of good stuff. Managed to get a charger cable for MP3 player MADE (exact length etc which I aked for) erm. boring but necessary) and then basically went to hotel and on the way bumped into both Jon (he'd been doing different stuff today) but also a Spanish friend we had met near Kwai called Alberto so spent the evening with them. Went to a cool bar. That was about it.

Day 10.

Me and Johanna decided to do some simple stuff today before moving tmrw. Spent 1hr with a taxi driver who didn't know what he was doing (I'm going to write a section about Thai annoyances soon....) then went back to some shops and home. I crashed for most of the afternoon. The heat and humidity here is unbelievable. I'm drinking so much and it doesn't seem to make any difference. Hopefully the south near the coast will offer a little respite!! Anyway. Everything is still good. Things will change tomorrow as Jon is off, Johanna goes to Cambodia, and I need to move on but not too sure where to! If I meet people like these guys, then they'll be no probs.... Anyway. There's a red curry with my name on it so I'm off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home