Monday, November 06, 2006

The Leaving Party

It was meant to be a super hero themed fancy dressed party but the greedy halloweeners had swallowed up all the decent costumes so we just went for a drink and dance. We had a brilliant night. It made me realise like I hadn't before I was going to miss these guys.
It seems to me when your leaving a place, any barriers drop down and life somehow picks up. Work has been suprisingly good the last couple weeks, I've talked to lots of people there i've never talked to before. Likewise i've meet lots of new cool people literally just a few weeks before i go. It's almost like life is designed to make you regret your decision the minute you decide to leave a place. Well anyway I'M GOING WHATEVER! It's a wierd one. It happened before when I left Swansea to move back to sunny portsmouth.

No matter what you tell some people they want to dress up. these dudes are from resevoir dogs apparently.... err, and rob wanting to get into a picture.


Dougie (left) was determined to buy me champagne, er, so i didn't refuse.


Anyway. I had a great night out. I even got MC hammer "Can't touch this" dedicated to me at the club. How lucky am I huh?!
I'm Sorry to see the temporary back of some of these guys. But there we go. 8 days to go......

If I meet people While I'm away half as good as my friends here then I'll have done well......
And finally. other than flying to thailand.... I've now definately got a job teaching english in Siem Reap, Cambodia (charity work). I'm very happy with that. I applied a good few months ago so had my final interview last weekend and it' all sorted. See the link to SCC on the right of my blog. Another factor to add to my trip. Can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home