Saturday, November 18, 2006

Day 4

Well 4 of us have escaped Bangkok, for the peace of Kanchanaburi. That's where the bridge over Kwai is. It's ok. You can walk across and theres holes in the bridge which would be easy to fall down.... Then got lost walking back to hotel and NO taxi's to help us but we muddled through and here I am.

So now I have more time here's the run down so far.

Day 1/2. Flying. Airports. Lots of unhappy miserable people going off on holiday. Going to spread there gloom across the planet. Lovely. Meet 7 randoms in the airport and we all got a minibus to our hotel (we were all at the same one). Really good group. 2 crazy scots, 3 south coasters and a Manchester lad.

We went to the hotel and then headed off out and had a few beers etc. A brilliant first night after the worry etc.

Day 3. Just a day of temples, budda's and that kind of thing. Messing around on a boat that was good. I eat what I believe was a cricket, though it was of the generic flyic insect type. Then a bit of shopping, Went to Thai boxing in the evening on a tuk-tuk that was AMAZING. Ok it was scary at first. but then just great fun. we cheered every car he over took and booed when he got over taken! Then on the way home we had two, racing through the centre of bangkok. I LOVED it!.




Day 4. Got woken up by someone knocking on my door because i over slept! We went for a wander. Organized a mini bus to get here, and apart from some Thai guy falling asleep with his head on my shoulder it was a very normal high speed blast for 2 hrs. I never got to say goodbye to the Scots, but if they read this then they we'll possibly forgive me! And now had my nice red Thai curry and coke and rice (cost 1.20) and now here trying to do this. We've lived at 100 mph so far this trip. I haven't had chance to catch my breath. I'm tempted to stay here a few day to catch up with myself but we'll see. Tmrw is a day of swimming in waterfalls, riding elephants and stuff like that. but first I've got to SLEEP and that's where I'm heading now......

2 Comments:

At 3:32 pm, Blogger Shishak said...

Hi Chris,

We're going to a Thai restaurant tonight in honour of you!

This morning we've been in Ikea and have enjoyed it rather too much.

Glad you've met people.

Had to look up tuk-tuk on wikipedia, but they look cool. Maximum speed?

Have a lovely time with elephants and waterfalls.

Lots of love,
D&K, AG&UB

 
At 6:11 pm, Blogger Shishak said...

Nice photos. Two questions:

1) What's with the white puppy?

2) What's with the white flower held over your head?

D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home